IMCDb Forum
Category:  
Direct link to this message Edit  Quote  Add this message as quote for multiple quotes  Delete  Top  Bottom
Where are they built?
Published 24/11/2007 @ 18:17:28, By bravada
With the addition of the "built in" field, we have more interesting info to add and provide to our readers. In many cases, the country of assembly is either the same as origin (which doesn't really require the field to be filled) or not that easy to establish, but in this thread we can list "defaults" that can be added for the not-so-obvious, yet consistent examples.

A few follow:

1. Buick LaCrosse/Allure (as well as other modern-day W-bodies, incl. Impala and Grand Prix) are built in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.

2. Nissan Altimas have been built in the USA ever since

3. Opel Vivaros are built by IBC in the UK

4. All "eurovans" are built by Sevel Nord in France, same goes for their commercial brethren, while the large Fiat/PSA vans are built by Sevel Sud in Italy.
Direct link to this message Edit  Quote  Add this message as quote for multiple quotes  Delete  Top  Bottom
Where are they built?
Published 24/11/2007 @ 21:37:24, By atom
1. All SAAB cabriolets is built in the Valmet plant in Finland.

2 Volvo 66/340/360/440/460/480/S40/V40/V50 were built in Holland.

3. Kewet were built in Denmark 1991-1995. "For a while" in Germany then back to Denmark. 1998-2007 in Norway.
2007- Kewet is known as Buddy (still in Norway).
Where are they built?
Published 24/11/2007 @ 21:52:43, By bravada
Not true for SAABs anymore - assembly of Cabrios @ Valmet stopped with the fiorst 9-3. The current 9-3 Cabrio is made in Sweden.

Volvo S40 and V40 of the second generation are built in Gent, Belgium.

North American CD3 cars - Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr/MKZ - are built in Mexico only.
Where are they built?
Published 24/11/2007 @ 23:06:35, By weasel1984
Car - 'made in':
- VW Polo [Typ 9N] - Slovakia (not sure about the previous generation)
- VW Polo Classic [Typ 6K] - all of these in Europe were made in Spain (it is actually a Seat Cordoba)
- Chrysler Voyager 1991+ - Austria (only cars from Europe)
- Jeep Grand Cheeroke, all generations - Austria (like above)
- Jeep Liberty - Austria (again only these European - though I belive it will be hard to automatically set a flag just to some of them)
- SAAB 9-3 CABRIO 2003+ - Austria
- Ford Mondeo, Mk I, II, III (not sure about IV), according to my sources was made only in Belgium
- Opel Astra Sedan 2007+ - Poland
- MB Vito (all generations), V-Klasse, Viano - Spain
- Peugeot 406 Coupe - Italy

Soon more...

To some cars I've already add flags - Swift, Aygo , C1, 107, some Polish made vehicles.

Latest Edition: 24/11/2007 @ 23:08:47
Where are they built?
Published 24/11/2007 @ 23:08:31, By antp
Mondeo IV is made here in Belgium too, as far as I know
Where are they built?
Published 24/11/2007 @ 23:24:44, By bravada
1. No Jeep sold in Europe is called Liberty. MagnaSteyr didn't assemble the Cherokee anyway, only the Grand Cherokee.

2. The Mondeo in question is a "III". The "butterfly eyes" were a facelift, not a new generation.

3. A fair amount of first-generation Vitos were actually built in Poland.

4. Current VW Polos are assembled in Bratislava, but also Spain, Bosnia, China and South Africa.

5. S-Max and current Galaxy are made alongside the current Mondeo in Ghent, Belgium.

6. Another vehicle made by MagnaSteyr in Graz is the BMW X3 (this is the exclusive production site for the car).

7. Audi Q7 and VW Touareg are built in Slovakia exclusively.
Where are they built?
Published 24/11/2007 @ 23:28:09, By antp
1. He means the Cherokee-rebadged-Liberty I guess
2. I was meaning "last one", I never remember its mk.
Where are they built?
Published 24/11/2007 @ 23:45:16, By bravada
1. Anyway, he is wrong :grin:

2. You are right, let's call it the "EUCD Mondeo" :grin:
Where are they built?
Published 25/11/2007 @ 17:38:48, By bravada
All European Xsara Picassos were built in Spain...

Ford Windstars, Freestars and Mercury Monterey minivans (NOT the original Montereys) were all built in Canada...

Does anybody really read that and, more importantly, act upon that?

Latest Edition: 25/11/2007 @ 17:47:57
Where are they built?
Published 25/11/2007 @ 17:57:07, By antp
I follow it. When I've few time I'll make the changes (today, or in the next days). That's why I said that it is better to put that here rather than in the comments: to find the info easily to apply them when I have time rather than do it quickly each time I see it in comments and risk a mistake.

Latest Edition: 25/11/2007 @ 17:57:41
Where are they built?
Published 25/11/2007 @ 18:44:07, By weasel1984
I've mixed Jeeps names - indeed Liberty/Cheeroke isn't made in Austria, but the Commander is ( and of course a Grand Cheerokee).

Actually the Polish made Vito W638 were build only for our market.

Latest Edition: 25/11/2007 @ 18:51:42
Where are they built?
Published 18/12/2007 @ 21:55:25, By bravada
Toyota Avalons were never built in Japan - for the most part, they were built in Georgetown, Kentucky (funny thing, I am listening to a medley of strange stuff and a banjo bit just started when I typed in the name of the place), but some first-gen cars were also built in Australia for mostly local consumption.

My little research into our collection of Avalons did not bring about any apparently Australian examples, so I guess I can say we can brand all Avalons @ IMCDb as "built in USA" for the time being.
Where are they built?
Published 18/12/2007 @ 22:59:25, By antp
ok
Where are they built?
Published 19/12/2007 @ 01:09:30, By bravada
USDM Mazda6s are built by AutoAlliance in Flat Rock, Michigan. They can be distinguished by different (chunkier) bumpers, taillamp pattern and few other quirks. I will try to list all US-built 6s I can find:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_134215-Mazda-6-2002.html
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_84204-Mazda-6.html
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_105291-Mazda-6.html
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_115892-Mazda-6.html
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_124740-Mazda-6.html
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_126689-Mazda-6.html
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_50816-Mazda-6-2002.html
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_30991-Mazda-6-2002.html
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_44945-Mazda-6-2002.html

It can be assumed built in = USA for any future first-gen Mazda 6 found in the US or Canada, save for Mazdaspeeds, which get shipped from Japan.

Flat Rock also made 626s before, but I need some more research to be able to confirm particular examples.
Where are they built?
Published 22/12/2007 @ 00:17:25, By bravada
Manufacturing of Simca Vedettes started in Brazil in 1959, so probably all Vedettes filmed in Brazil are locally-built.
Where are they built?
Published 22/12/2007 @ 00:38:11, By antp
The one from "L'homme de Rio" is a French one, if your post was a reference to that one.
The only Brazilian Vedette that I remember having seen on the site is http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle.php?id=104439

Latest Edition: 22/12/2007 @ 00:39:01
Where are they built?
Published 22/12/2007 @ 10:49:29, By bravada
Oh yes it is... I saw the movie long ago and was convinced there were old-style Vedettes there (but I guess they were all Aero-Willies), so when I saw a Vedette I wasn't looking at the picture much...

Surprisingly, it looks like we really do not have any Brazilian Vedettes but the Jangada... It is such a staple of the Brazilian landscape of the past decades that I was somehow convinced we must have tons of those...
Where are they built?
Published 14/01/2008 @ 13:02:19, By BeanBandit
Finnish built.
Saab 900 Cabrios, both 1st and 2nd generation.
Saab 9-3 Cabrio 1st gen. The current 2nd gen. is made by Steyr in Austria.
1st gen Saab 900 2d sedans.
Saab 90
Saab 96 1978 - 1980
Saab 99 Finlandia
Saab 900 CD
All Talbots sold in Finland
All RHD Calibras, mostly Vauxhall/Holden
All Calibras 1996-97
Porsche Cayman
Where are they built?
Published 16/01/2008 @ 14:31:45, By Ddey65
Sadly, I read a recent copy of Consumer Reports magazine, indicating that there are no American plants that build American cars anymore. What they didn't cover were cars like the Chevrolet Corvette, which as far as I know are still built in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and the Ford Super Duty F-Series trucks, which are built in Louisville, Kentucky; the same place where the L-Series trucks were built in the 1970's, '80s, and most of the '90's.

Honda has two big plants that have been around for a long time in Marysville, Ohio, and Timmonsville, South Carolina(now you can tune up the banjo, Bravada). In fact on I-95 in that state, Exit 153 is for a street called "Honda Way."

Latest Edition: 16/01/2008 @ 14:34:52
Where are they built?
Published 19/01/2008 @ 19:41:50, By BeanBandit
There is, at least these:

Dodge Avenger: Sterling Heights, Michigan
Dodge Caliber: Belvedere, Illinois
Chevrolet Cobalt: Lordstown, Ohio
Chevrolet Malibu: Kansas City, Kansas (also Canada)
Pontiac G6: Lake Orion, Michigan
Pontiac G5: Lordstown, Ohio
Ford Taurus, Chicago, Illinois
Add Reply - Category:  
Sign In :: Sign Up :: Lost your login or your password?
KelCommunity.be :: © 2004-2024 Akretio SPRL :: Powered by Kelare