IMCDb Forum
Cars & Movies » interesting/funny/special cars sightings
Category:  
Reminder of the previous message
Direct link to this message Edit  Quote  Add this message as quote for multiple quotes  Delete  Top  Bottom
interesting/funny/special cars sightings
Published 24/06/2011 @ 22:25:12, By Ddey65
Further proof it's a 1973:

Direct link to this message Edit  Quote  Add this message as quote for multiple quotes  Delete  Top  Bottom
Published 24/06/2011 @ 22:26:28, By Ddey65
And if you don't believe it's a Camper Special, that teepee logo is proof.
Published 02/07/2011 @ 07:22:04, By t0nkatracker
Nothing really interesting or rare about this Bentley, but it was pretty funny that this owner was stupid enough to try and drive it out on the beach last week in Corolla, NC. Aside from paying to get it towed out the driver (it was his father's car) got a hefty ticket because you are not allowed to drive on this part of the beach at this time of the year.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee436/gtommec/bentley.jpg
Published 02/07/2011 @ 17:12:48, By Neptune
That’s funny. He probably thought it could drive on sand as it has four-wheel drive.

The Bentley Continental Flying Spur has permanent four-wheel drive with Torsen limited-slip centre differential for front-to-rear torque control. 4-wheel electronic traction control (ABS braking) is employed for side-to-side torque control. So far as I know they only have conventional front and rear differentials.

He could have kept going, but I bet he stopped or slowed down, then the laws-of-physics took over. The driver should have known better, no ground clearance and on road performance tires are not a good combination. Also the 4-wheel electronic traction control is more than likely programmed for on road use, not off road use. Not all traction control systems are created equal.

Proof you can have more money than common sense... :grin:
Published 02/07/2011 @ 18:56:00, By ingo
(it was his father's car)

@Neptune: this sentence says it all :wink:
Published 04/07/2011 @ 01:05:35, By Jax Rhapsody
Adding to the list of special SUV's I've never seen except in magazines and on the web before, I saw a UAZ Patriot today, and a Chrysler Pacifica yesterday. Also managed to spot a Porsche 996 Turbo, two Chevy Corvette C5s and a Ferrari F355. People seem to be taking the nice cars out now, I see exotics nearly every day. Could be I just haven't paid as much attention to the cars driving around town up until now though... :smile:

LOL at a Pacifica being special, even if it is a Chrysler. But then again people over here shit bricks over Ute's. They want Ford and Holden to import them over here. We don't make them anymore but if people would open their eye's and look They'd see that:
-Ford
Ranchero
Durango
-GM
El Camino
Sprint
Cabalerro
-Chrysler corp
Rampage
Scamp
-Subaru
BRAT
Baja
-VW
Caddy
Are all fuckin Ute's. Cars on station wagon chassis, with truck like bodies. The only difference is they reflect the times and companies who built them so they aren't always pretty or always have the power. As wikipedia puts it they are all Coupe Utility cars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupe_Utility

Latest Edition: 04/07/2011 @ 01:19:44
Published 04/07/2011 @ 04:03:56, By Neptune
I went to the North Carolina Asheboro Zoological Park today (all day affair, just got back). It was very hot (not including the humidity) with the animals clearly feeling the heat along with the visiting humans. I don’t recall how many bottles of water I drank (!)

Anyway, of course we saw lots of exotic animals, but I did see the Land-Rover Series IIa Station Wagon over in the "African" section of the park where the Elephant, Rhino, and Giraffe paddocks are. It’s been there for years, and I never thought to take a photograph of it the last time I visited. So I did.

Still has the rear badge that reads "LAND-ROVER", "FOUR WHEEL DRIVE" and "STATION WAGON".

http://thumbnails54.imagebam.com/13910/a6d39d139091559.jpg
Published 09/07/2011 @ 18:43:43, By antp
Photo made by a friend when we were in Croatia, what's this car?
File: DSC03773.JPG ( 40.9 KB - 1121 )
Published 09/07/2011 @ 18:55:14, By chicomarx
Yugo Tempo. The Tempo badge was a clue. :grin:
Published 09/07/2011 @ 19:08:52, By ingo
Unfortunately there's noone here anymore, who can tell us about the differences. It's well known, that many people, especially IMCDb-members, don't know the tiny distinctions between these two confusable cars. And their typical owners.
Published 09/07/2011 @ 19:10:54, By antp
The rear seemed different from the "usual" Yugo so I thought it was something else, I didn't even check that Yugo Tempo existed :grin:
Published 11/07/2011 @ 06:11:37, By t0nkatracker
I saw an Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera convertible and a 1995-2001 Ford Explorer 4-door Convertible today, sadly I couldn't get a picture of either.
Published 16/07/2011 @ 19:17:19, By DeltaGolf
I saw this stretched Scorpio today outside a local "motorist's supermarket"; maybe a Coleman Milne Grosvenor? Looks like a "DIY facelift" as the front end was of a different colour than the rest of the car. BTW, my car is visible in the background on the far right :wink:
File: IMAG0301.jpg ( 77.1 KB - 1007 )

Latest Edition: 16/07/2011 @ 19:22:29
Published 24/07/2011 @ 13:51:56, By Sandie
Must be a Jaguar meeting somewhere in the North of England as I saw an SS, XK120, E-Type and MK.II on the motorway.
Published 24/07/2011 @ 18:25:01, By ingo
Two weeks ago there must have been in Southern England a Land Rover-meeting, as I've seen several of them, real old ones, but also some freshly off-road used ones, totally covered with mud.

And somewhere must have been a VW-event, resp. for T1 and T2. Between London and Dover I've seen more than a dozen.

Over here are a plenty of classic car events on every weekend, too. So many, that you cannot go to every. Unfortunately the weather here is terrible, 15 degrees and heavy rain, so it not make fun to visit outdoor-meetings :(.
Published 26/07/2011 @ 17:52:36, By badlymad
I spotted this Dodge A100 pickup on a recent trip to Colorado:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7844/dsc0226copy.jpg

Latest Edition: 26/07/2011 @ 17:53:43
Published 30/07/2011 @ 00:35:21, By Ddey65
I've seen this at a gas station on US 41 in Brooksville, Florida for more than a decade. It's a 1964 Chevrolet C-30 tanker truck.

Latest Edition: 30/07/2011 @ 00:40:01
Published 30/07/2011 @ 00:42:34, By Ddey65
That's right, a C-30! That's a mere one ton truck! Not the kind you ususally see as tankers of any liquids. Here's a close-up of the cowl insignia.
Published 31/07/2011 @ 21:27:38, By ingo
Today I spotted (for the first time awarely):

- a Dodge Journey

- a Chevrolet Alero

both with Dutch plates. As to see at www.mobile.de they are existing here, but I cannot remember, that I've noticed them before.
Published 08/08/2011 @ 18:52:49, By Sandie
I've just seen two old Rolls Royces from the 1920s driving past on my way home.
Published 16/08/2011 @ 01:05:18, By owlman
This past weekend I saw a Ford Freestyle with German plates (?!?!) I forget where exactly, it was either southern Colorado or northeastern New Mexico.
Add Reply - Category:  
Add Reply
Bold [b]Text[/b] Italic [i]Italic[/i] Underline [u]Underline[/u] Strike Out [strike]Strike Out[/strike]
Email [email=nobody@nobody.org]Name[/email] Link [url=http://www.website.com]Text[/url] Anchor [anchor]Name[/anchor] Image [img]http://www.website.com/image.jpg[/img]
Align Left [align=left]Text[/align] Centered [align=center]Text[/align] Align Right [align=right]Text[/align] Text Justify [align=justify]Text[/text]
Color [color=#000000]Text[/color] Highlight [highlight=pascal]Text[/highlight] Widgets Smileys :code: [:code] HTML to BBCode converter Word to BBCode converter
Preview Spell Checker

Ada
CSS
Cobol
CPP
HTML
Fortran
Java
JavaScript
Pascal
Perl
PHP
Python
SQL
VB
XML
Anon URL
DailyMotion
eBay
Flickr
FLV
Google Video
Metacafe
MP3
SeeqPod
Veoh
Yahoo Video
YouTube
Sign In :: Sign Up :: Lost your login or your password?
KelCommunity.be :: © 2004-2024 Akretio SPRL :: Powered by Kelare