IMCDb Forum
Delete a Message
Reason of removal (sent to the user)

Do you really want to delete this message?  

somename
^Because almost nobody spells it de Ville; and even less people spell it deVille. The whole point of this is to reduce the number of redundancies and superfluous naming. The brochures are written by the sales people; they'll change and shorten names to whatever makes it easier to market. If it was deVille one year; then it went back to de Ville the next, and the name should not go back and forth from one year to the next. Besides how closely did you read this thing? It calls it De Ville in the headline but DeVille in the text.

I believe DeVille should be keep in most instances; because quite frankly all the moderators already categorize it as such, and I'm sure nobody wants a bunch of alternate names and spelling of the same car to clutter up the site again.

I’m not going to argue based on grammar, spelling, or even what the brochures say; because as antp stated the term doesn’t mean anything one way or another. If people disagree and insist it should all be de Ville; then of course it should be that way. My point is that there is no right or wrong way; but it needs to be a consistent and definitive term. Not something based on the fact even the marketing people didn’t know how to spell it.
Sign In :: Sign Up :: Lost your login or your password?
KelCommunity.be :: © 2004-2024 Akretio SPRL :: Powered by Kelare