IMCDb Forum
Delete a Message
Reason of removal (sent to the user)

Do you really want to delete this message?  

somename
Okay, finally finished going through all the nameless and unknown models and here’s where we are.

All 66-76 Fleetwood Broughams should be renamed Fleetwood 60 Special Brougham; anyone who disagrees with using 1976 as the final year of the 60 Special name can be referred to this scan I made from the 1976 Cadillac Shop Manual:
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg43/scaled.php?server=43&filename=001kef.jpg&res=crop

The two Cadillac Sedan can be changed to simply Cadillac without a model name.

The Series 70 Fleetwood should just be renamed Series 70 Fleetwood

All model listed as just Fleetwood made before 1985 should be changed to Cadillac without a model name. Most of them are cases where people can’t tell the difference between V8 or V12 model.

The Series 75 Limousine models should be renamed as Fleetwood 75.

The Series 62 Coupe de Ville models should be renamed Coupe de Ville in the interests of streamlining all these various terms for the same car.

Models listed as Convertible Sedan should be changed to Cadillac without a model name.

Models listed as Coupe de Ville Pheaton should be Coupe de Ville Pheaton as the roof was just an option; same as a sunroof would have been.

All Eldorados from 1964-1974 should be Fleetwood Eldorados

All DeVilles from 1971-1993 Should be re-listed as Sedan DeVilles

All DeVille Stretched Limousines should be Sedan DeVilles Stretched Limousines until 1993

As Coupe de Ville is the grammatically correct term the Coupe DeVille should be renamed as such. As should the Coupe DeVille Stretched Limousine, Coupe DeVille Flower Car, and the Coupe DeVille Funeral Coach. My only concern is that people will keep naming it as DeVille.

Since DeVille doesn’t mean anything I guess we can keep the dozen or so models we do have that already use DeVille the same. In turn the Sedan de Ville cars should be re-listed as Sedan DeVille

For convertible DeVilles I’m open to suggestions; should the convertibles from 64-70 be listed as DeVille or DeVille Convertible?
Sign In :: Sign Up :: Lost your login or your password?
KelCommunity.be :: © 2004-2024 Akretio SPRL :: Powered by Kelare