IMCDb Forum
General » Photobucket's Thumbnail Link Issues
Category:  
Direct link to this message Edit  Quote  Add this message as quote for multiple quotes  Delete  Top  Bottom
Photobucket's Thumbnail Link Issues
Published 13/08/2011 @ 20:15:02, By rjluna2
This is in regarding to these photobucket's thumbnail link issue. As we discussed at the imdb.org pages somewhere about the "¤t" tag turns to "¤t" when you click on with quote button with the photobucket's thumbnail link.

I just tested with Internet Explorer 9 and it still doesn't work. I know that I already tested with IE6, IE7 and IE8 as well producing the same results.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Latest Edition: 14/08/2011 @ 01:38:06
Direct link to this message Edit  Quote  Add this message as quote for multiple quotes  Delete  Top  Bottom
Published 13/08/2011 @ 21:09:36, By chicomarx
Yes, as soon as you quote or edit the link is converted to the currency symbol. The only way is to copy & paste directly from Photobucket.

In Firefox (5.0) the links do work with or without currency symbol. In Explorer you see the thumbnail but the links are broken. Maybe in earlier versions of Firefox too, so upgrade to 5.0 to avoid the problem.
Published 14/08/2011 @ 01:16:24, By rjluna2
Yes, as soon as you quote or edit the link is converted to the currency symbol. The only way is to copy & paste directly from Photobucket.

Or retype it correctly would also fix the problem.
Published 15/08/2011 @ 22:42:20, By antp
Actually in links "&" should be encoded as "& amp;" (without space)
It is not properly converted by the site, I should fix that, but it is not normal that the web browser converts "& curren" to the symbol: he should only do that for "& curren;" (with the ";")
Previously only IE had that behaviour, which caused sometimes problems with links with a "& lang" parameter (quite common) since "& lang;" is for an angle symbol.
Firefox added the acceptation of the symbols without the mandatory ";" to be more compatible with poorly made sites, but then it breaks compatibility with sites which make some less-dramatic errors like not converting "&" to "& amp;"

Latest Edition: 15/08/2011 @ 22:42:40
Published 16/08/2011 @ 04:12:44, By rjluna2
Are you talking about the pre-IE6 version that would use this parameter :think:

One thing I do know that Photobucket uses some kind of language that includes flash player in part of their web design.

Latest Edition: 16/08/2011 @ 04:16:55
Published 16/08/2011 @ 11:07:52, By antp
I mean that a few years ago that kind of bugs on sites was only happing with IE, and now it happens with Firefox too, as Firefox developers made like what IE did :ohwell:
Published 28/09/2011 @ 14:53:46, By antp
I added a workaround to handle more properly the "&" in URLs, cf http://www.imcdb.org/movie.php?id=51003#Comment1020914
I hope it does not add new bugs. Report me any unusual thing you notice in comments...
Published 07/10/2011 @ 22:56:56, By rjluna2
Thanks, antp. I did edit on one comments and it does work.

I hope this workaround doesn't complicate other things :ohwell:
Published 07/10/2011 @ 23:01:39, By antp
No, it is just a cleaner way to handle that, i.e. "how it should be done" anyway :wink:
Add Reply - Category:  
Sign In :: Sign Up :: Lost your login or your password?
KelCommunity.be :: © 2004-2024 Akretio SPRL :: Powered by Kelare