IMCDb Forum
Cars & Movies » Poll: My car
Category:  
Poll: Which car do you think would be best? (Votes: 11)
Acura RL: 82% (9)
Ford F150: 18% (2)
Direct link to this message Edit  Quote  Add this message as quote for multiple quotes  Delete  Top  Bottom
Poll: My car
Published 29/09/2007 @ 01:01:43, By MBSL65fan
I just have to hear other people's opinions on this one, but my first car is likely going to be an Acura or an F150. Which ever that the average high school students would have the best impression on me (especially girls :grin: ) The Acura 3.5RL is a 1997 in white, with grey leather, Bose, multi-CD player, and a unique option, the Navigation system. It has a 210 BHP 3.5 liter V6 which is quick and excellent at handling. The damage on it are mostly scratches at the left corner of the back bumper and on the front button. The mileage is 61000 and I've known the car since I was a toddler. Not many problems in the 10 years my grandmather has owned it. Next is a 1999 Ford F150 in Dark blue, Grey cloth, a CD player, and a short bed. Good to have for recycling. The engine is a 4.6 liter 230-250 BHP Triton V8. It is slow, the handling's not too sharp but is strong. It has 102200 miles. It needs some work on it but still runs. I don't want to put much money in either. mostly for insurance and gas. I can't say what their cons are because both are great vehicles.

Latest Edition: 29/09/2007 @ 21:15:17
Direct link to this message Edit  Quote  Add this message as quote for multiple quotes  Delete  Top  Bottom
Published 29/09/2007 @ 04:31:06, By Neptune
The Acura would certainly get you attention (and for that reason I voted for it)

But, I’m a bit partial to the F-150; it is after all the Expedition’s parent vehicle. The Expedition gets its engine, transmission and chassis from the F-150.

The 4.6 Triton is a little sluggish, but its durable and its one of the most efficient engines ever manufactured. I said this somewhere else but the 4.6 and 5.4 liter Triton family engines have both been on the world’s best top 10 engines list for most of their production life. :wink:
Published 29/09/2007 @ 09:36:22, By stronghold
Neptune is right. If you're getting it to attract the girls, the Acura is your best bet (But I too would prefer to have the F-150.! just a tough hard working, reliable vehicle :smile: ) I don't think too many girls will be chasing after you in a truck.! :grin:
Published 29/09/2007 @ 09:57:04, By crazyforcars12
I would have the F-150, but if you like the Acura, take it.
Published 29/09/2007 @ 16:39:05, By G-MANN
I would recommend the Acura, that's what I'd choose, I've never liked pickup trucks. But I have to admit the F-150 would probably attract girls better, it's more rugged (depends on the girl of course), whereas the Acura is just a rebadged Honda sedan, not exactly sexy.

Damn, I've said the wrong thing, you're going to go for the pickup now (people shouldn't drive things like SUVs and pickups unless they actually need them). Actually, let's be honest neither of these cars are "sexy", and some women refuse to be swayed towards a man by his motor, no matter what it is.

Latest Edition: 29/09/2007 @ 16:45:17
Published 29/09/2007 @ 17:53:50, By antp
I find that Acura nice, I would take that one.
Published 29/09/2007 @ 19:12:36, By wrenchhead
You don't want a girl who goes out with you because she likes your car. You want a girl who likes YOU ragardless of your car. Buy what you want..

Latest Edition: 29/09/2007 @ 19:13:03
Published 29/09/2007 @ 20:16:46, By MBSL65fan
Attention is not important but many people my age think it is :grin: , I'd like the F150 to get use to driving bigger cars, but I've never felt more comfortible driving in the Acura than any other car. I'd prefer that one for the handling mostly. Also I think today more people will rely on Acura more than Ford. Attention wouldn't be important, but I don't want a car too big and worn out. A freind of mine has a 1993 Ford Ranger which is in fair condition, and another one just got a Chrysler 300 for his 21st birthday. I think it's most likely going to be the truck but if I can get a job soon I'd buy the Acura.

Latest Edition: 29/09/2007 @ 21:09:08
Published 17/10/2007 @ 02:30:24, By MBSL65fan
Just to update you I may buy the Acura. I can't afford all of it but I think I might buy it.
Published 03/11/2007 @ 01:20:27, By MBSL65fan
Just to update you, I have officially decided to buy the Acura. When I get my license it will be mine. :smile:
Published 03/11/2007 @ 02:11:42, By CarChasesFanatic
Youll buy it used?
Published 03/11/2007 @ 22:58:52, By MBSL65fan
Yes. Got a good deal on it too. :wink:
Published 03/11/2007 @ 23:13:37, By CarChasesFanatic
will you show us a photo of it when you get it?
Published 04/11/2007 @ 22:11:21, By MBSL65fan
When I can learn how to use Imageshack. :grin:
Published 05/11/2007 @ 00:00:56, By CarChasesFanatic
erm, you dont know how to press upload and then copy an URL? then as we say in spanish "turn off and lets go" :switchlight:

No im joking but you dont know how to use it? it is simple, you search the photo on your PC, then click upload and copy paste the URL to your comment field :smile:

Latest Edition: 05/11/2007 @ 00:01:40
Published 05/11/2007 @ 03:57:14, By MBSL65fan
Well I haven't practiced it :grin: , but I'll learn. :wink: Thanks.
Published 05/11/2007 @ 11:48:18, By antp
"the URL": you get multiples URL on imageshack when you submit an image.
You have to take the link called "thumbnail for forums (1)".
This works on both the forum and imcdb comments.
Published 24/01/2008 @ 02:01:31, By MBSL65fan
This car has been sold.

Latest Edition: 04/03/2008 @ 05:23:47
Published 25/01/2008 @ 22:59:12, By ingo
I'm sorry for that, but the Acura looks like nothing. O.k. it's not available in Europe (or only Germany?), so I haven't seen such a car closer, but I'm very sure, that it's impossible to impress girls with such a car.

In Germany four-door-sedans have principially a reputation as a conservative old-daddy-car. Especially bigger ones. But not only them. A synonyme for a grand-daddy-car is the VW Jetta (all of them, Jetta, Vento, Bora).

Asian cars aren't helpful for impressing girls either.

And white is impossible anyways. Yes, in Southern Europe, for example Spain, white is very popular for cars, but over here it's absolutely no-no.
Since some years the German police-cars are silver/green, not white/green any more - because when they shall be sold as used cars (after pulling off the green tape) you'll get more money for a silver car than for a white one.

So from my European view I have to say, that with a white Acura would be the worst choice, you can make.
Published 26/01/2008 @ 22:45:07, By MBSL65fan
Okay. The reason why I bought this was because a relative used to own it and since I've known this car since I was 5 I decided to take it. I did not have a choice with the color and that's why it's white. I wish it was black but I don't want to deal with a new paint job in case if the quality of it turns out to be really bad. But the girls in the Fast and the Furious movies must have liked them. :grin:
Add Reply - Category:  
Sign In :: Sign Up :: Lost your login or your password?
KelCommunity.be :: © 2004-2024 Akretio SPRL :: Powered by Kelare