IMCDb Forum
Send an answer to a topic: Site updates
Subject
Bold [b]Text[/b] Italic [i]Italic[/i] Underline [u]Underline[/u] Strike Out [strike]Strike Out[/strike]
Email [email=nobody@nobody.org]Name[/email] Link [url=http://www.website.com]Text[/url] Anchor [anchor]Name[/anchor] Image [img]http://www.website.com/image.jpg[/img]
Align Left [align=left]Text[/align] Centered [align=center]Text[/align] Align Right [align=right]Text[/align] Text Justify [align=justify]Text[/text]
Color [color=#000000]Text[/color] Highlight [highlight=pascal]Text[/highlight] Widgets Smileys :code: [:code] HTML to BBCode converter Word to BBCode converter
Preview Spell Checker

Copy Paste Cut Select All
Clear Insert Date Insert Time Insert Date and Time Insert your IP
List [list=square][item]BlaBla[/item][/list] Numbered List [list=decimal][item]BlaBla[/item][/list]
Quote [quote=name]Text[/quote] Spoiler [spoiler]James is the murderer![/spoiler]
Uppercase [uppercase]Text[/uppercase] Lowercase [lowercase]Text[/lowercase] l33t [l33t]I'm a Nerd[/l33t] Sub Script [sub]Text[/sub] Super Script [sup]Text[/sup] Size of Text [size=8]Text[/size]

Options

antp
But do not overuse it :tongue:
rjluna2
But note that you can yourself replace "pic" by "fullpic" when pasting the code in the comment :wink:

Thanks for this tip, Antoine :smile:
Lateef

But note that you can yourself replace "pic" by "fullpic" when pasting the code in the comment :wink:

Thanks for that bit of information!
antp
After some time you can get used to the new style :grin:
I was using it on the test server since a month, after some time I preferred the new one, finding the old one so outdated, I was just waiting to put the new one on the real server.

I am testing options to allow to chose text zoom % on admin page (currently it is set at 90%, since at 100% people found it too big), and I'll try to also add an option to reduce the space between fields (kind of "compact mode").

Here is a copy/paste of info I sent to another admin who complained about the scroll:

On my screen (1080p with small font in Windows & Firefox) I have the whole vehicle page on the screen without scroll. In Edge it is even smaller.
If you use Chrome it is possible that it uses a larger font by default (maybe something that can be changed in the settings?)

For saving or jumping to a field, there were (and still are) some shortcuts.
In general to submit a form (add/update/save/post) there is Alt+Shift+S (or Alt+S depending on your browser settings).
Each field of the vehicle edit page has a shortcut, the one I use the most is Alt+(Shift+)T for the timecode field.
There is also Alt+(Shift+)A to add a vehicle and Alt+(Shift+)U to upload the picture, both from vehicle page or after adding/updating a vehicle.

I was not sure what size to allow for the fullpic link, as Mike tends to overuse it. He is the reason why I changed the limit :grin:

I agree that on the picture upload the copy button that gets active with tab is a little annoying, I sometimes accidentally activate it when I want to upload a second picture :grin:
The copy button is probably useful for many users (not only mobile), I'll check if it is possible to avoid focus on it. In the meantime, you can also use the Alt+(Shift+)U shortcut that I added on the "Upload another picture" link like there was one for the other "Upload picture" links.

I am afraid of what will happen when the front-end will change :whistle: As we will have to make the site more mobile-friendly some day.
One solution would be to have two separate versions, one with the old layout and one responsive for mobile, but it is a lot of work.
Anyway there are so many other things to do, it will not arrive quickly.
Lateef
I'm trying to wrap my head around the new look of the vehicle edit/addition pages. Since I never use a smartphone to correct entries I find the whole thing slightly unnecessary for my part. The fact I now have to scroll to reach the bottom is my main gripe, but I can live with it. If there's one thing I have to commend, it's the fact that it appears to run a bit smoother than the predecessor.

However, a few things. Can we please allow for the addition of fullpics with the previous size limits? I find it aggravating and breaking with tradition that I no longer can post a 200 pixel high fullpic for screentitles like I used to do (and 300 for album covers). Now I'm stuck with a lame 120 pixel max.

Another setback of the recent update is the 'copy to clipboard' button preceding the 'add another picture' link on the pictures-for-comments-page. I use tab, and it's bothersome that I have to double press tab, and when I forget I have to double tab again as pressing tab once simply bounces you back. I guess this is another smartphone-friendly innovation? I can live with it, but it was better before.
antp
I'll maybe do another update next week, as normally there are 2 per year but I tend to procrastinate that task, since I'm always afraid it fails :whistle:
antp
Upgrade done, it will be a little slow for the next minutes.
antp
Server restarting, lets cross fingers all works well within the next 15-30 min :grin: (maybe less, I don't remember exactly the time it takes)
antp
Upgrade started, the server will restart in the next minutes and will be inaccessible while applying the update.
antp
Road and Racing bikes are under Car class...

Fixed, strange I didn't see it when I fixed other classes the other day
Category:  

Ada
CSS
Cobol
CPP
HTML
Fortran
Java
JavaScript
Pascal
Perl
PHP
Python
SQL
VB
XML
Anon URL
DailyMotion
eBay
Flickr
FLV
Google Video
Metacafe
MP3
SeeqPod
Veoh
Yahoo Video
YouTube
6px
8px
10px
12px
14px
16px
18px
Sign In :: Sign Up :: Lost your login or your password?
KelCommunity.be :: © 2004-2024 Akretio SPRL :: Powered by Kelare